Halifax's Jont returns with a new three-track single, a taster for his next album,set for this fall. Like his 2013 release Hello Halifax, these are big, sweeping emotional pop songs, with epic beauty in each. The title cut is a rocker with heart, handclaps and horns, a joyful number for sure. The next, Supernatural, feature strings, glorious backing vocals and passionate vocals in a big ballad.
The final cut, This Windshield, has the same major impact while produced as a polar opposite, stripped back to Jont's solo vocal, a delicate guitar, and a far-away echo, this time a calm yet giant moment, the lyric about leaving one's mark on the world.
While we await the album, Jont and crew are hitting the road, with a selection of East Coast and Upper Canadian dates:
- May 4 - Moncton, N.B., Plan B
- May 5 - Fredericton, Grimross Brewing Co.
- May 7 - Toronto, The Rivoli
- May 8 - St. Catherines, ON., Cafe Mahtay
- May 10 - Toronto, The Horseshoe
- May 11 - Montreal, Brasserie Beaubien
- May 13 - Edmundston, N.B., Cafe Lotus Bleu
- May 14 - Saint John, N.B., Peppers Pub